Friday, September 15, 2017

Weekend Links









This Week:

What I'm Cooking:

Josiah's birthday was on Tuesday so he got to pick our dinner menu.  His absolute favorite meal is Parmesan Pasta.  It's listed on Pinterest as Creamy Garlic Pasta and it is incredible.  I don't complain too much when he requests it.  Although it does require a little extra time in the gym.  :-)

Besides that, we tried to eat light this week: salads, chicken pesto sandwiches, ... yummy, but end of summer light.

What I'm Loving:

This week was a little crazy.  There was lots of ups and downs, and some crazy emotions.  But that's what you got when you're living and doing school and doing life together for 24 hrs a day.  So what am I loving this week??? Birthday plans coming together... and cooler weather on the horizon.   Cooler weather moving in has meant more evenings in the backyard, more giggles on the trampoline, new life for the play tunnel, just lots of outdoors fun.

What I'm Reading:

I'm still reading Slow Down by Nicole Nordeman.  Cute little motherhood gift book and has been good for my heart this week.  :-)

What I'm Doing:

We've been enjoying the fall season and all the festivals and activities that pop up this time of year.  Last weekend, we attended the Honeybee Festival.  There was a ton of vendor booths, singing and entertainment, and a live bee beard demonstration.  That was awesome!

What I'm Watching: 

I've gotten hooked on This Is Us.  Totally binge watching in the evening.  It got me hooked when one of the main characters was adopted and I can see the struggles he goes through.  I think ahead to how I'm going to deal with those issues with my son.  But all the characters are well done.  This show totally has the same feel of Parenthood.

What I'm Enjoying:

cooler weather... sun tea... Story of the World... parmesan pasta... capture the flag...

What are you up to?


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails