*This post was originally published on 7/29/13. Enjoy!
Who can believe it's the end of July already? Wow, where has the summer gone? So before the kids head back to school, here's a recipe that's guaranteed to be a hit, whether around the campfire or the dinner table.
(*from Chocolate, Chocolate, and More)
3/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
4 Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c. mini marshmallows (I really just dumped in handfuls)
2 regular sized Hershey chocolate bars
1. Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter and press into pan.
2. Combine 1/2 c. butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt well. Slowly add to wet ingredients.
4. Mix in marshmallows. Spread dough over graham cracker crust.
5. Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 10-12 minutes.
6. Break up chocolate bars and freeze while bars are baking. After 10-12 minutes, remove bars from oven and top with chocolate bar squares. Return to oven for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting into bars.