Thursday, September 8, 2011

Remembering...


I was standing in line at the store last weekend when I overheard a conversation between the two men behind me.  They were discussing 9/11 and the impending 10 year anniversary.  Conversation waffled between remembering, honoring, and paranoia.  As I stood there, I was hit again by the emotions of that day.  In that moment, I wanted to wrap my arms around my daughter and thank God for allowing me every moment I've been given with her.  

Ten years have passed.  Ten years that swept by in the blink of an eye, and yet forever changed those of us who lived through it.  I'm raising two little ones that know nothing of 9/11, yet live in a world that has been war torn all their young lives.  And while I'm not yet ready to tell them about the events of that horrific day, I still feel the need to "remember" with them:

*Thanking firefighters and rescue workers who risk their lives everyday.  

*Write a letter thanking our troops who fight for our freedom and the freedom of others.

*Fly a flag.

*Pray for our police and other law enforcement.

*Pray for the families displaced in the Middle East.


How are you remembering 9/11?


2 comments:

Patrice said...

special prayers on that day...

Angelia Sims said...

I put our flag out this morning. I had pride in my heart and tears in my eyes. Such a tough day.....can't believe it's been 10 years.

Related Posts with Thumbnails