Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tortellini Soup



I'm always on the lookout for super easy, nutritious meals that I can serve my family. Something that the kids will eat, but I also won't feel guilty about putting on the table. So I was very excited when I came across this recipe and my kids liked it.

With all the vegetables, it certainly meets the nutritious criteria. And with the tortellini, it absolutely meets the kid friendly criteria. Plus it loaded with ingredients I always keep on hand. This recipe is sure to become a mainstay as we move into the winter months.

Tortellini Soup
3 c. broth
3 c. water
1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
3 carrots, chopped
3 celery ribs, chopped
1-2 tomatoes, chopped
handful of baby spinach, washed and torn
9 oz cheese tortellini

1. Combine broth, water and seasoning. Bring to a boil.
2. Add tortellini and cook for 3 min.
3. Add carrots and celery. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and spinach. Cook until tortellini is cooked through.
5. Serve with parmesan cheese.

We also served this with a little cantaloupe. Really whatever fruit you have on hand. It's quite delicious.

For more Works for Me ideas, check out We Are THAT Family.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails