Tuesday, August 28, 2018

I AM: The Names of God for Little Ones {Review}


This sweet little board book, designed for ages three and up, explores the attributes of God through his names.  Each two-page spread focuses on a different name such as Creator, Provider, Healer, and Son of God.  For each attribute, the reader will notice the name, a verse that goes with it (Lk 1:35 for Son of God), a short story illustrating what the name means (as well as Scriptural reference), and a simple prayer.  This board book is also beautifully illustrated, adding interest and depth to each layout.  

A few years ago, we reviewed the older version of the I AM book for ages 4-8 years, and have read it again and again.  When I saw that a younger addition was being released, I was skeptical.  Could it rise to the bar that had been set?  Or would it be found lacking for substance?  I have to say I have been overjoyed with this book.  The text in each section is simple and short, but more substantial than most board books.  The concepts aren't watered down and the true spirit of Scripture is still there.

This is a board book that is definitely worth the price and one that I would be delighted to share with the children in my life.

*Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails