Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday



Oh, we had quite a tackle this week. I had NINE... yes NINE... people in my little house this weekend. The four of us, plus Nana and Papa, plus 2 aunties and one uncle, along with the cat. Knowing that we were going to have such a houseful and trying to keep my kids on a somewhat normal schedule, I did some planning and cooking ahead so we could eat meals on time. So besides cleaning house and arranging beds, this is what I was cooking ahead...
*2 quarts of homemade ice cream
*1 homemade cake, decorated for uncle's graduation
*homemade potato salad
*egg salad for sandwiches
*gingerbread waffle batter

also picking up hamburgers, buns, watermelon,
hang drying laundry
checking the time for the local fireworks display
and generally trying to keep everything going....

What a weekend!

We had fun, but I'm glad to be able to breathe again. At least for a few days. We're going camping this weekend so back to planning meals. Let's see what we come up with.

For more Tackle it Tuesday, check out 5 Minutes for Mom.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails