Friday, April 5, 2024

Weekend Links ll April 5, 2024

 












This Week: 

What I'm Cooking:

We thought we'd try a new recipe this week so we picked out a recipe for Sesame Noodles with Snow Peas and Carrots.  It was fun, a good experience with my daughter in the kitchen, and we spent time just chatting and being together.  However, as we were putting the finishing touches on dinner, I looked at her and said, "What a minute!  Are we making Pad Thai?" And no, I know it wasn't exactly Pad Thai, but it was VERY similiar.  So after all that, we ended up making a dish that is VERY much the same as something that's already a family favorite.  So, so much for trying something new.  :-)

What I'm Reading:

Currently, Gone-Away Lake with my 7th grader.  He sort of fought me on it when I brought it out as our next read aloud.  I don't even know where I got the idea from, but I found this title and wanted to give it a try. The first chapter was a little slow, but after he gave it a fair shot, we found that we both really love it.  I'm enjoying this one so much.  It's sweet, wholesome, ... so good.  I hear there's a sequel, so I'm on the lookout for that one as well.  But I can't recommend this one highly enough.

What I'm Doing:

We're on Spring Break this week and I'm absolutely confused.  I confess that I've wasted too much time this week 'cause I can't keep track of days or times.... this whole week has been a blur.  I pulled out my Spring Break To Do List this morning and realized I haven't gotten anything done.  The rest has been nice, but I have got to get on some planning and grading today to get ready for Monday.

What I'm Enjoying:

Time with my 12 year old...
Trying new things...
Lunch with a friend...
Missionary biographies...
Planning for 2024-25...

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails