Saturday, January 6, 2024

Weekend Links ll January 5, 2024

 












This Week: 

What I'm Cooking:

We had lots of soup on our menu again this week.  My favorite was chicken noodle.  This one is easy to throw in the crockpot in the morning and just let it cook all day.  Or if I don't have a lot of time, I make sure the chicken and broth go in early, and then I prep veggies and throw in throughout the day.  My favorite addition has been chopped bok choy.  It allows us to get some greens that we don't normally incorporate and it add just a slight hint of flavor that's really tasty.  Just make sure to get that one in before noon so it had lots of time to cook down and mellow out.

What I'm Reading:

After leisure reading, I'm back to the challenging stuff in January.  My fiction read this month is A Tale of Two Cities and it's a doozy.  My 10th grader is reading it for LA and History so I thought I'd read along.  It's definitely challenigng me and has sent me on a hunt for additional resources.

What I'm Doing:

I have been lazy and yet now as we've trucked through this Christmas break (We don't go back to school till the 8th).  One thing I have been working on is organizing field trips for our local homeschool group.  Field trips have been a challenge since 2020 and I finally decided I'm just going to get my act together and start searching out opportunities.  So over the break, I've been doing some research and getting things into place for the spring.

What I'm Enjoying:

Quiet mornings of break...
Christmas tree lights...
Healthier meals...
Flannel sheets...
Listening to the rain...

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails