Friday, October 6, 2023

Weekend Links ll October 6, 2023

 







This Week: 

What I'm Cooking:

Monday began our three week Daniel Fast with our church.  We've modified it a little to hopefully help the teenagers through the next three weeks.  Myself as well.  Can anyone say coffee?

So there been lots of vegetarian dishes in our home this week.  My favorite was probably taco night.  Seasoned brown rice and black beans with onions, garlic, and spices provided the base and then we topped our tacos with all the good things.  We'll definitely be repeating that on the menu.

Any good recipe ideas for our fast?

What I'm Reading:

My current non-fiction read is Techno-Logic by Lee Binz.  It's quite a bit of information I've heard before, but it's written in a much easier format to read.  Honestly, I'd put it on any parent's reading list for setting boundaries with technology both of kids and adults.  I'd like to get a copy of it into everyone's hands.

What I'm Doing:

Other than being a mom taxi?
That's been my life lately.  Today alone, I took a kid to work, took a kid to the dentist, and shuttle two kids to trampoline and dance.  I'm beat.

What I'm Enjoying:

Seeing old friends...
Young adult literature...
Creative writing prompts...
Vegetarian tacos...
Cool nights...

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails