Friday, June 24, 2022

Weekend Links ll June 24, 2022












                                                                            This Week:

What I'm Cooking:
Well, the weather turned VERY HOT this week and the boys requested potato soup.  :-)
They make me laugh.
But I'm MOM, so what does MOM do?
She makes potato soup.

A friend of mine shared her potato soup recipe with me years ago and it's so fun to play around with the flavor, adding different cheese, bacon... sometimes green onion.
It's definitely a family favorite!

What I'm Reading:
I finished Fault Lines by Voddie T Bachman a few days ago and it put into words all the thoughts and emotions that I've been feeling for the past few years.  It's very deep, very heavy, but incredibly insightful and well worth the read.

What I'm Doing:
We've been enjoying lazy summer days, but I've been trying to plan an activity each day.  My favorite this week was when we pulled up some sketching videos and learned how to draw Mickey Mouse.  Those guided cartoon videos always amaze me because the end product is always so much better than I could ever make on my own.  I guess that's the sign of a good teacher.

What I'm Enjoying:
Air conditioning... ;-)
Helping the kids with fair projects...
Watching my kids step out of their comfort zones...

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails