Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Far To Go {Review}


In this continuation of Thursday's Child by Noel Streatfield, Margaret Thursday pursues her dream of stardom, landing a part in a well-known London theater.  Unfortunately, word travels quickly and she soon finds herself being followed by an old enemy.  Will Margret and her friends be able to outwit Matron before it's too late?  Or will Margaret's dreams be taken away from her?

I was thrilled to see this book being published after reviewing the first title in the series.  Streatfield has a wonderful talent for writing well-paced novels.  The characters are believable and endearing. The story is filled with adventure and twists.  The plot is clean while still being engaging.  I just love the style of this author.  In a market saturated with ill-formed characters and low morals, Streatfield's writing stands above and beyond.  I wouldn't hesitate to share this one with any of my kids from ages 9 to early teens.  This will be a title that we'll enjoy again and again.

*Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book for review.  All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails