Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Bible History ABC's {Review}


The Bible is an overarching story of God's people and His plan to restore man to Himself.  The best way for children, and really any of us, to understand this is to follow the timeline of that restoration and God's continuous love through all of it.  Written for ages 4-7 years, Bible History ABC's takes the reader through significant points of Biblical history all the way from (A)dam to (Z)ion, highlighting the hand of God.  Each letter touches on a Biblical truth, complete with corresponding Scripture and illustration.

I've been on a quest in the past year to find Bible resources that push beyond the basics.  It's been really impressed on my heart to provide my kids with a Christian education that has depth.  I've read some reviews on this book that say it's not age appropriate, that it's too much.  I would respectfully disagree.  While the concepts are definitely challenging, I don't think it's all that beyond our preschoolers.  They are capable of grasping so much more than we give them credit for, and I have to appreciate a book that doesn't dumb down the gospel.  Biblically sound, challenging, and rich, I'm excited to use this ABC book in educating my kids.

*Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book free from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails