Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Do-It-Yourself: Peppermint Ice Cream

*Post was originally published on 12/20/12



Peppermint is one of my absolute favorite flavors.  And as soon as Thanksgiving is over, I start craving peppermint.  It's just cool, refreshing, and completely... Christmas.

So when I was searching the internet last year and came across this recipe, I knew I had to try it.  Why hadn't I thought of this before?  So simple and one of my absolute favorite flavors.

Peppermint Ice Cream

1 c. Whole Milk, chilled
3/4 c. sugar
2 c. Heavy Cream, well chilled
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp peppermint (I used 2 tsp.)
3/4 c. crushed peppermint candy

optional: crushed peppermint candy
mini chocolate chips
chocolate syrup

1. Whisk milk and sugar together until sugar dissolves, approx 1-2 min.

2. Stil in cream, vanilla, and peppermint.

3. Pour into ice cream machine and freeze 25-30 min.

4. Crush some miniature candies and add in during final 5 min.

5. Pour into a freezer bowl and "ripen" in freezer for a few hours.

6. Top with your choice of goodies.

This ice cream was incredible.  I suggest tasting your batter before adding it to the ice cream machine as I noted that I doubled the peppermint extract.  Otherwise, it's definitely a winner.  The texture is velvety and light, like homemade whipped cream.  You can't go wrong with this ice cream for a yummy seasonal treat!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails