Thursday, September 25, 2014

Sheerluck Homes and the Case of the Missing Friend {Review}


As part of the Veggie Tales "I Can Read" series, Sheerluck Holmes and The Case of the Missing Friend explores the issues of friendship and hurt feelings.  When Sniffy leaves a note saying his feelings have been hurt, it's up to Sheerluck Holmes and Dr. Watson to determine who hurt his feelings and encourage him to return home.  Can they solve the case?

Written for beginning readers, the sentences are short and the words are easy.  The illustrations are detailed and well-done.  The story isn't exceptionally deep and I felt it could have been done better.  But over all, the point came across.  This book is written for children ages 4-8 years, but I feel an 8 year old would easily become bored with the story.  My 6 year old read it quickly and she's probably at the higher end of the appropriate level.  

Overall, I liked this book.  It wasn't anything exceptional, but it's a nice book for learning to read with a good moral.  

*Disclaimer: I was given a free copy of this book for my honest review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails