As the seasons come and go, it's been fun to sit down and list our to-do's for the coming months. There's always birthdays and holidays to look forward to, but it's the little things as well. The small moments that make family traditions. And sometimes the moments that lead to unexpected family connections.
So while the weather isn't cooperating (we're still in the 90's), we're turning the page toward fall. My kids are already counting the days to the pumpkin patch and I'm counting the days to the pumpkin seeds. But in my new found determination to say Yes, I'm excited for what this new season holds.
1. Make Leaf Art
2. Have a Photo shoot in the leaves
3. Have lots of bonfires
4. Go to a pumpkin patch
5. Carve pumpkins
6. Toast pumpkin seeds
7.Go to a Harvest Festival
8.Can and freeze apples
9. Make a fall dessert once a week
10. Break out the hot cocoa and apple cider
11. Volunteer at Turtle Bay's WALK THIS WAY
12. Throw Noah's 6th birthday party
13. Start Christmas shopping
14. Host an open house
15. Go to the Christmas parade
16. Make Apple Cider Floats
17. Take walks in the dark with flashlights
18. Read Moby Dick, Pollyanna, and Heidi with the munchkins
19. Take more pictures of the kids
20. Make Christmas cookie dough ahead and freeze.
21. Visit the farmer's market.
22. Spend Thanksgiving with the family.
23. Go Christmas tree hunting.
24. Start Christmas presents.
25. Fill our house with pumpkin candles.